Auto Damage Careers
This is not a desk job!
Auto Damage Adjusters are the primary ambassadors of GEICO’s renowned customer service. They deliver on our promise to “be there” when customers need us most. Over the course of your career, you may visit auto body repair shops, customers’ homes, salvage yards and even accident scenes.
As an Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee, you will:
- Attend an extensive 12-week training program, including 4 weeks in McLean, VA .
- Learn the ins and outs of automobile damage and insurance claims adjusting
- Provide outstanding customer service and efficiently handle case files
- Interact directly with customers while working in a local drive-in location, a GEICO Auto Repair Xpress shop or as a field adjuster
- Be equipped with the latest tools and technology in auto adjusting
- Inspect and assess vehicle damage ranging from minor fender-benders to extensive damage caused by major accidents, hurricanes, floods and other disasters
- Estimate the cost of vehicle repairs, negotiate equitable settlements and issue payments
- Receive promotions based upon your performance
Insights Into Our Adjuster Training
As a new associate, you will first attend an extensive 12-week training program that is divided into three sections: Pre-school, Basic School and Post-school. Training is generally Mon Fri, with varying start times.
Pre- and Post-school training locations depend upon the area for which you were hired. For example, New England adjusters attend training in New Jersey; California adjusters train near San Diego.
All new adjusters, regardless of location, spend four weeks of Basic School training at our facility in McLean, VA . While in Virginia, GEICO pays for your hotel and provides transportation to and from the center. This environment fosters a study group atmosphere that helps our trainees succeed!
During School, there are frequent exams to assess your knowledge and skills. To successfully complete our training, you’ll have to study a lot. There is a requirement to maintain a strong GPA and graduating from Auto Damage School is required to become a GEICO adjuster. Once training is complete, you’ll be well prepared to launch your career and assist our customers!
We’re looking for great people.
GEICO is hiring entry-level trainees for insurance adjuster jobs across the country. Some locations also hire experienced field adjusters or offer a fast-track leadership program with a focus in claims adjusting.
Successful Auto Damage Adjusters possess exceptional customer service, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, as well as a mechanical aptitude and a willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the job done! They are highly organized and work well independently.