A new marina in Quinte West
2017. The heart of the marina will be the the 550 sq m Marina Building. The state-of-the art building will offer boater washrooms, laundry, and lounge, a public gathering hall, and covered external patios.The marina will also serve as a major hub for the Bay of Quinte Region, connecting boaters from the Trent-Severn, Murray Canal to Wellington and Brighton, and to Belleville.The 380 slip marina, with 56 transient slips, and 324 seasonal slips will service boaters on the Bay of Quinte, and down the Trent-Severn Waterway system.
В National Air Force Museum of Canada
Originally founded in 1984 as the RCAF Memorial Library and Museum, the National Air Force Museum of Canada (NAFMC) has developed and expanded to where it now enjoys a national reputation, the largest number of aircraft on static display and the most skilled team of restoration volunteers of any military museum in the country.
Relocated in 1994 to the former curling rink on RCAF Rd, 8 Wing/Canadian Forces Base Trenton, the museum presents more than 3,500 artifacts and memorabilia depicting major historical events, notable aviation achievements, as well as the social history of CanadaвЂ™s Air Force.
Make the Most of the 4 seasons!
- A Leitner-Poma quad chairlift that moves 2,400 people per hour
- Retro T-bar for special occasions!
- State-of-the-art grooming and snowmaking capabilities
- Nighttime skiing
- Rustic chalet slopeside with enhanced WiFi, rooftop patio, fireplace and the Batawa Bistro
- Snow school programs, with certified instructors, for all ages and abilities
- Rental shop with a full range of ski and snowboard gear
- Certified patrollers with the award-winningВ Canadian Ski PatrolвЂ™s Frontenac Zone
If it’s not the bay, it’s the lake!
Fishing in Bay of Quinte Region is a year-round activity that draws both pro anglers, like Bob Izumi, and amateurs from all over North America. Throughout the fall and winter, large walleye, often weighing more than 10 lbs, migrate into the Bay of Quinte, making it CanadaвЂ™s walleye capital.
Some anglers are so impressed by the fishing here that they come back in the winter for more. The excitement of ice fishing in a tent over frozen water is enough to keep enthusiasts warm, and with less competition in the winter, the results can be amazing.